Wednesday, October 12, 2016
10 Tips For Praying the Rosary with Children
1.Take the time to explain the mysteries to the children kind of like story time and bring the life of Christ fully alive for them.
2.Allow them time to add their own special intentions for the Rosary you are praying, this will be something exciting for them to look forward to.
3. If you can't get through an entire Rosary at one sitting consider praying one decade each sitting and get through a set of mysteries for the week.
4. Get the kids their own special rosaries. Or better yet, make rosaries together for all of you to use!
5. Have them color while praying the rosaries...there are lots of FREE coloring pages out there with the mysteries of the rosary as subject matter.
6. On special occasions, pray a candy/treat rosary. You can use Chocolate or carob chips for the hail Mary's and MnM's, fruit pieces, or marshmallows for the Our Father's :)
7. Make a special mysteries of the rosary booklet your kiddos can flowing along with. If they make it, it will be even more special to the. You can always find a children's rosary booklet on the web or at your local Catholic book shop.
8. Make a giant rosary to use as a living rosary while praying together! You can check out the one we made here.
9. Go to Daily Mass somewhere they pray the rosary beforehand...community prayer is beautiful and the kids will enjoy participating with prayers they know!
10. Find a Children's rosary recording to pray along with. This is great for car rides or just to switch it up a bit.
Some Links for resources and history on the Rosary:
Our Lady of the Rosary Coloring Page - From Life, Love, & Sacred Art
Coloring Pages for the Mysteries of the Rosary - From Family in Feast and Feria
13 Ways A Busy Mom Can Pray The Rosary - From Catholicmom.com